The challenge? Make It Work.
First, let's talk a bit about what I had to work with, the good and bad about the pattern:
Considering that the point of Sabra's challenge for me was to make something good out of a pattern that was, well, not-so-good, I still managed to find some positives to work from with the pattern. With even the ugliest or out of date pattern, you can still find some positives to base your finished product on. What I liked most about this pattern when I first saw it is that there was a tunic option. I've decided that tunics and leggings are going to be my mainstay this spring and summer, so I was excited to see View C, with a nice long length. I also like the overall shape of the top, as it is loose and looks like it would be comfortable to wear. In a shorter blouse length, the top looks fairly shapeless and out of date, but transferred into a modern tunic, I knew I could make the shape into a positive.
And cut each side seam apart...
Leaving just the shoulder seams in tact.
Next, I assembled each sleeve and stitch them right sides together to the arm openings.
It was nice to see it looking like a shirt again ;)... Or a new tunic, to be correct!
And the tunic itself was done (I do iron my clothing once in a while, just not before I took this photo...)!