I shared this tutorial at Brassy Apple last week for her Save Our Summer series, so if you missed it, here's the entire tutorial!
1. For each 10"x23" piece, center 9"x22" piece of interfacing over wrong side of fabric and fuse with iron.
2. Press each pocket piece in half, matching 10" sides. Topstitch 1/4" from each folded edge.
3. Fold interior piece in half (matching 10" sides) and lightly press (I like to finger press, which is exactly what it sounds like -- take your finger, and press firmly along folded edge to form a crease in the fabric). Place raw edges of one pocket piece 3/4" from middle crease of interior piece, matching side raw edges with sides of interior piece. Pocket piece should lay over center crease as pictured -- if your center crease is still visible, place the pocket piece raw edges 3/4" on the opposite side of the crease. Make sense? Stitch 1/4" from raw edge of pocket piece, attaching it to interior piece.
4. Flip pocket piece in opposite direction as it's laying and press flat along seam. Topstitch 1/4" from folded edge where pocket piece is joined to interior piece.
9. Fold one strap piece in half lengthwise and press.
18. Press flat (and press opening raw edges 1/2" toward wrong side) and topstitch around all 4 sides, 1/4" from edge. Topstitch again 1/8" from edge on all 4 sides.
Now go grab some sunshine...
Pack a picnic...