I found this skirt at DI for $4 a while ago (how do we never get great before pictures?). It was about 4 sizes too big for me and was a *flattering* mid-calf length. And I can't forget to mention the practical and bulky side pockets and elastic waistband! I thought maybe there was some hope for it, and if not, I wouldn't be too heartbroken over the $4.
Here's the after:
I took in the sides, including removing the pockets, and took a bunch off of the length. For the new waistband, I made a facing out of the extra fabric I had cut off. Then, since I hate wearing things that can gape open where the buttons are, I stitched all the way down the front of the skirt, over the existing topstitching. I just left enough unstitched at the top so I could unbutton one or two buttons and slide the skirt on.
Enjoy our last blog hop of the week and remember to only link up Before and After projects! Have a great weekend!